2
Landhaus
9020 Klagenfurt Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Not far from the Alter Platz, this edifice bears witness to the might of the Duchy of Carinithia, which had its headquarters here. Today it is the house of the regional parliament. Architect Antonio Verda of Lugano was involved in its construction, completed in 1590. His influence is particularly noticeable in the Renaissance inner courtyard with its two-tiered arcaded galleries. The Great Coat of Arms Hall was decorated by Joseph Fromiller (1693-1760), a master Baroque artist in Carinthia.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby

  • From €22 to €48
    12.4 km - Alfredweg 5-7 c/o Seehotel Dr. Jilly, 9210 Pörtschach am Wörthersee
  • From €29 to €60
    16.4 km - Saag 11, 9212 Techelsberg am Wörthersee