1
Cathedral
Lidmanskygasse 14, 9020 Klagenfurt Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Begun by the Lutherans in 1578, the cathedral was later attributed to the Jesuits who extended the choir and added chapels. After a fire in 1723, the interior was decorated with Baroque stuccowork, which enhances the nave's brightness. Note the high-altar painting, magnificent pulpit by Christoph Rudolph, and Apotheosis of St John of Nepomuk by Joseph Fromiller. More than a dozen types of marble give beautiful tones to the side altars.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants

  • From €22 to €48
    12.8 km - Alfredweg 5-7 c/o Seehotel Dr. Jilly, 9210 Pörtschach am Wörthersee
  • From €21 to €35
    13.1 km - Werzerpromenade 8, 9210 Pörtschach
  • From €29 to €60
    16.8 km - Saag 11, 9212 Techelsberg am Wörthersee