R 314, Killala Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information


The current Anglican cathedral was built in 1670 by Thomas Ottway, Bishop of Killala, using rubble and stones from the ruined medieval cathedral - south doorway and the eastern gothic window. In the graveyard there is a 12C round church tower (25m high) built from limestone. The cap was rebuilt during the 19C. It is all that is left of the monastery founded by Muiredach, first bishop of Killala.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby