St Mary's Pro-Cathedral
83 Marlborough Street, Dublin Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

9.30am-5pm, Sun 9am-1pm

Description

St Mary's Pro Cathedral, the largest Catholic edifice in Dublin in the style of a Greek temple with a Doric portico and cupola, was completed in 1821. Its choir, the Palestrina Choir, founded in 1902 by Edward Martyn, had John McCormack as one of its members. Pro refers to provisional, until such (uncertain) time when Christ Church is returned to the Catholic church.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby

  • From€57
    MICHELIN 2021
    491 m - 38 Parnell Square West, Dublin D1
  • From €50 to €120
    MICHELIN 2021
    541 m - The Dublin Writers Museum, 18-19 Parnell Square, Dublin D1
  • 684 m - Temple Bar Square, Dublin 1