1
Four Courts
Inns Quay, Dublin Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Description

Four Courts, erected in 1785 by Thomas Cooley and finished in 1802 by James Gandon, housed 4 halls: Chancery, King's Bench, Exchequer and Common Pleas. In 1921, at the start of the Civil War, it was almost entirely destroyed by the explosion of mines, as were the documents of the National Archives which it housed, some of which dated back to 1174, now sadly lost for ever.

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants

  • From €29 to €45
    MICHELIN Guide 2019
    500 m - 6 Queen St, Dublin D7
  • From €10 to €25
    574 m - Temple Bar Square, Dublin 1
  • From €27 to €49
    678 m - South Great George's Street Dublin 2, Dublin IRL