Dublin City Hall
Dame Street, Dublin Route Planner
The Green Guide

Useful information

Opening hours

daily except Sun 10am-5.15pm, last admission 1hr before closing - closed 25 Dec-2 Jan


This edifice, one of the finest public buildings of Dublin, was the Royal Exchange in the 18C until it was bought by the town council in 1852 who made it the town hall. The domed rotunda in the entrance hall is decorated with early 20C frescoes, illustrating the history of the city. The vaulted basement is the scene of The Story of the Capital exhibition, which charts the history of Dublin.


  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Things to see and donearby

Where to sleepnearby

Where to eatnearby