Holy Trinity Abbey Church
Main Street, Adare Route Planner
The Green Guide

Description

The square tower and the south wall of the present church once formed part of the only monastery in Ireland to be founded by the order of the Trinity and which was built around 1230 by Maurice Fitzgerald, 2nd baron of Offaly. In 1539, at the time of the dissolution of the monasteries, the 50 monks were executed. The ruins were rebuilt by the 1st Earl of Dunraven and enlarged in 1852. At the rear of the building a 14C dovecote has been completely restored.

Useful information

Localisation

  • Route from this place
  • Directions to this place
  • Route via this place
  • Nearby hotels
  • Nearby restaurants

Nearby tourist attractions

Nearby hotels

Nearby restaurants

  • From €25
    to €47
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    126 m – Main St, Adare
  • From €27
    to €57
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    126 m – Main St, Adare
  • From €31
    to €51
    MICHELIN Guide 2018
    15 km – Pery Sq, Limerick

ViaMichelin Newsletter

REGISTER Lean more about our privacy policy